Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bright Pink Butterfly - Poem

A bright pink butterfly comes flittering past 
as I fall down on the dew covered grass
The gentle wind twirls through my tousled hair
and the flowers dance wildly without any care
Finally the storm clouds have passed us by
and the sun shines brightly in the soft blue sky
The tender rays caress my tear stained face
the warmth wraps around me in the sweetest embrace
I close my eyes and rest there on the grassy floor
I know now that I don't have to cry anymore
I can feel your peace settling over me
and the warmth of your love graciously setting me free
For too long this grief has taken hold of my heart
but now you whisper that it is time for the healing to start
A bright pink butterly comes flittering past
and I finally find peace there on that dew covered grass


- Mandi Lynn © 2013

2 comments:

  1. Dulcet and inspiring! Lovely poem, thank you for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vashti! I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete