Friday, May 10, 2013

Lucky Few - Poem

It was in a dream of a dream
that I found myself sitting by a stream
and in the water I saw a reflection
which to my eyes was perfection
for what I saw in the water
was an angel, Heaven's daughter
I moved my gaze up a bit
and threw my mouth open in a fit
for I saw feet perfect and bare
on top of the water, just standing there
my gaze again I did little move
to find white garment, silky smooth
and then my gaze to her chest
where praying her arms would cross her breast
and from her back her wings did spread
and then my gaze to the halo on her head
most Heavenly of all was her face
that spoke of His glory and His grace
she smiled at me and peace I did feel
for all of my uncertainies she did steal
against the night my angel did glow
and why she came to me I was soon to know
her voice I heard in my mind
a voice so soft I knew it not mine
"Beware," my angel softly said
her voice so beautiful in my head
"The time is coming and you are not ready
your faith thus far has been unsteady
He will come as a stranger by night
and take from this world what is His by right
and He will only take a lucky few
and as it stands now He will not take you
for although your heart is in the right place
you bring unto Him daily disgrace
for day by day you knowingly sin
to engage in the pleasures the world has within
your worldly desires are what you hold most dear
and so have pushed Him away when He drew near
only He can give you true happiness within
and you must repent if you are to spend eternity with Him
for it is not enough to simply believe
you must do as He commands if you wish to receive
all the blessings He would bestow unto you
and if you want to be one of His lucky few."
I stood there dumbfounded as I knew not what to say
and in an instance my angel faded away
and then I awoke, her words with me still
for although I was sleeping our encounter was real
her words in my heart will always stay
and I will do my best not to go astray
and I am sharing this with you, my friend,
for the day will come when this world will end
and He will come for His lucky few
and on His list I hope to be me and you


- Mandi Lynn © 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment