Thursday, May 9, 2013

In Honor Of Mother's Day

Mother's Day is fast approaching. Don't forget to tell your Mommy how much you love them on May 12th! In honor of Mother's Day, I am going to share with you all a poem that I wrote quite awhile ago for my own Mommy.

Mother

I try so hard to be perfect
  so that you will be proud
  but when I try to walk without your hand
  I stumble and fall to the ground
I want to get out in the world
  it's a world I do not know
  but I can't make it out there
  without your soil to make me grow
I want so eagerly to fly away
  like a butterfly, oh so small
  but without your wings to guide me
  I will only fall
I try so hard to be perfect
  as perfect as I can
  but now I see it in your eyes
  I'm loved the way I am

- Mandi Lynn © 2002

I am so thankful for my mother. I am glad that I have a mother that I can talk to about anything without being judged, a mother who is always there for me no matter what, who continues to love me unconditionally even when I am not the most deserving of it, a mother who was my first, and still is, best friend. I'll never forget our midnight trips to go and grab some fast food and sit and talk, or when we would just park in a church parking lot and have deep meaningful conversations without anyone else around. I'll never forget how hard she worked to get me that beautiful car (which I later totaled :/ ) or any of the other things she has done for me over my twenty plus years. She has done so much for me and I know that I would not be where I am now if it was not for her. There is a great comfort in knowing that her arms will always be open to me. No matter where I will go in this life, home to me will always be where she is. I love my Mommy, I really, really do.



No comments:

Post a Comment