Monday, May 6, 2013

Lifted Sins - Rap Style Poem

My soul cries out but still I don't hear
as I walk through my life living in fear
knowing I'm not who I should be
hating I always feel guilty
wondering who I could be or who I would be
if I could stand up with my head held high
if I could spread my wings and take a leap and fly
if I only I could bring myself to try
but I just stand in the shadows and cry
with my head held down looking to the ground
hoping to be unseen so I don't make a sound
with my lips held tight and my heart sank low
praying that no one will ever know
I've messed up this life that I've been handed
now I live on the sidelines where I've been stranded
not knowing that I've been branded
emotional scars are here to remind me
that I can run but my sins will still find me
my guilt and my fears will always bind me
so with tear filled eyes I fall to my knees
I cry out, I beg, I plead
then I hear a voice from a place within me
and I know what to do for Him to forgive me
to have my sins washed away like the life I was living
forever to be thankful for the new life I've been given
the weight of my sins has been lifted and though I'm not gifted
I will do the best I can to spread His name
'Cause once you turn to Jesus, your life will never be the same!


- Mandi Lynn © 2006

1 comment: